Saturday, December 1, 2012

Spotlight: Rebecca "Becky" Spangler

This month, we are sharing the work of one of our botanical artists, Rebecca Spangler. Enjoy!

"Red Echinacea" by Becky Spangler
"My sister grows different types/colors of echinacea in our back yard.   I thought they would be a challenge to paint.  It was more of a challenge due to my clumsiness.  Twice I managed to flip my brush on the painting.  The second time it was loaded with red paint....  Juliet  Kirby [Judy's note: Ms. Kirby is an Adult Educator at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens] came to the rescue - she helped me remove some of the red paint and work the rest into the painting." [Judy's note: and what a wonderful outcome!]


 
"Pink Cally Lily" Becky Spangler 
"The pink calla lily is also a result of my sister's green thumb.  They are very hardy flowers.  She thought they were annuals, but they are perennials in our yard."

Look for more spotlighted artists here!


No comments:

Post a Comment